1. What is your favorite memory from high school?
My favorite memories were all choir- and theatre-related. The best were probably the trips involved, either to All-State IMEA for choir or going down to the University of Illinois for Theatrefest, which seemed very cool and grown up.
2. What is your least favorite memory from high school?
There is not one specific one, but anything related to my perfectionism (anxiety about getting straight-A's, being thin, getting solos and lead roles, etc.). Basically, being too competitive with my peers and too hard on myself. I was much more lonely and stressed out than I needed to be.
3. What was your most played song/album/singer when you were a teenager?
It is a tie between musical theatre and angry girl music. The top two being the Les Miserables Original Cast Recording, and Tidal by Fiona Apple
4. What was your favorite movie from your teenage years?
I was annoyingly obsessed with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. (I was one of those kids who would quote the entire movie.) Also, American Beauty blew my mind as a teen. (And I had a somewhat hilarious crush on Kevin Spacey.)
5. If you had to give yourself a superlative in high school, what would it have been?
6. If you had to give yourself a superlative now, what would it be?
7. If you could go back to high school, what would you differently?
I would like to have relaxed and known that I was good enough.
8. Describe your teenage fashion sense in five words or less.
Fox Valley Mall Gap Store
BPB Yearbook: A Throwback Cabaret will be presented November 9th at 7 PM and November 10th at 8 PM at Davenport's Piano Bar & Cabaret (1383 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago). Tickets are $15 and there is a two-drink minimum.
Brown Paper Blog
Making theatre. Writing about it. Maybe some hilarious Youtube cat videos in between.